BSA Recognized by Hispanic Network Magazine
The Boy Scouts of America has been named to a list of Top Corporations
Hiring Minorities in the August 2004 issue of Hispanic Network
Magazine for substantial efforts in minority recruiting and diversity.
The Boy Scouts of America was selected based on the following
- Diversity is visible throughout the Web site.
- CEO is committed to diversity initiative through ensured
funding for diversity and placement of a diversity director.
- Accountability requirement is in place.
- Diversity metrics and reports are reviewed quarterly.
- Human resources utilizes multicultural and target-marketing
- Targeted minority recruiting is conducted.
- There is minority conference attendance and participation.
The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nation's largest nonprofit employers.
The Boy Scouts of America's goal is to become an employer of choice by developing
a workforce that appreciates and respects the communities that it serves.
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make
better decisions over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the
Scout Oath and Law. Today, more than 4.7 million youth participate in the
programs of Scouting. They are supported by more than 1.2 million adult
For information about employment opportunities with the Boy Scouts of
America, visit our employment opportunities page.