A Profession With A Purpose
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to
prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their
lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
The Boy Scouts of America is the nation's foremost youth program of
character development and values-based leadership training.
Learn About a Career in Scouting Here
There are many opportunities for employment with the Boy Scouts
of America, from seasonal jobs at summer camps to a lifelong career.
- Entry-Level Vacancies
- View a list of locations in which the BSA has current openings for
entry-level career professionals.
- Staff Needed for High-Adventure Bases
- The Florida National High Adventure Sea Base, Northern Tier National
High Adventure Program, and Philmont Scout Ranch annually seek
applications from qualified men and women.
- Working at Philmont
- Philmont employs more than 850 staff members. A wide variety of paid
positions are available, including rangers, backcountry program
counselors, and training center and base camp support staff.
- Acquire Life Skills at Scout Camp
- Explore the opportunities for a variety of summer camp staff jobs at
420 Scout camps, 60 council high-adventure programs, and three
national high-adventure bases.
- Who Are We?
- Profiles of professional Scouters, including first-hand accounts of how
they came to choose a career in Scouting.
- Local Council Locator
- After learning about opportunities for employment in the Scouting movement, contact
the local council service center in your area to find out how to get started.