Complete the Paperwork
Although by this point much of the paperwork may already be done, the organizer or commissioner for the new unit may be involved now to ensure that all of the paperwork has been correctly completed. The unit commissioner may also take the paperwork to the local council service center for processing.
- The new-unit application requires the signature of the head of the chartered organization.
- Every youth and adult leader must complete an application.
- The registration fees must be collected and kept with the applications and then submitted to the local council service center in a timely manner.
When accepting youth applications, it's important to
- Make sure that all applications are completed in full, including the health history information on the back side.
- Collect the appropriate fees, including registration fees, charter fee, and Boys' Life subscription fees.
- Check applications for signatures of a parent and of the unit leader.
Adult Leader Applications
When accepting adult leader applications, it's important to
- Make sure that all applications are completed in full, including the names of references.
- Collect the appropriate fees.
- Be sure the authorized leaders approve adult leader applications. The chartered organization head or the chartered organization representative approves all adult applications. The unit committee chair approves all applications except that of the chartered organization representative, which is approved by the head of the chartered organization.