Links from this Site to Council Web Sites
In order to request a link to your council's* Web site, please
verify that you are following these guidelines:
- Council Web sites must be hosted off-site at a hosting facility and
may not be connected in any way to the local council's internal
- The council must have direct control over the content of its official Web site.
- The content of the council site must be appropriate to the Scouting movement.
- The council site cannot contain links to any sites that contain material that
is not appropriate to the Scouting movement.
- The council site cannot contain any advertisements or commercial endorsements.
- The council site cannot engage in the electronic sale of BSA Supply Division
merchandise or competing products.
- The council site cannot replicate any BSA publication currently for sale through
the Supply Division.
- Council sites must abide by all laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, and other
intellectual property ownership designations, and by those pertaining to the
- Council sites must consider the safety and privacy of their participants by
obtaining the necessary permissions to release information about or images of
Once your site meets these guidelines, the council's Scout executive should
send a letter to the Webmaster at the National Council indicating the URL of the
council's official site and its webmaster's e-mail address (to which notification will
be sent once the link has been activated).
We'll then review your site to ensure that it meets these guidelines before adding a
link to the local council locator.
Should your Web site move after the link has been made, please send a similar letter
(or an e-mail from the Webmaster's address as indicated in your original letter) informing
us of the change so that the locator may be updated.
* District/unit Web sites are not linked from National, but may be linked from
your local council's